Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Big iron... nice saw with good price.

On 3/25/2014 9:59 AM, Greg Guarino wrote:
On 3/25/2014 10:48 AM, dpb wrote:
On 3/25/2014 9:41 AM, dpb wrote:

See the big round casting? The two arbors rotate in there to allow setup
for production work between two blade setups just by rotating arbor
position instead of changing blade. Dado on the other was typical setup.

Here's a Fagan, not Oliver, patent but same idea. Quick search didn't
really find a good picture of an Oliver itself that clearly shows the
dual arbor arrangement...there was a 260 in the ww shop down at Navy
shipyard in Norfolk where my cousin was stationed way, way, back...

http://www.datamp.org/patents/displayPatent.php?id=30352

Thanks. I had never heard of such a thing.

Yeah, these are _serious_ iron for production shops; not just overgrown
Unisaurs...