Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default how much load can arched tubing carry,(2"x6"1/8" wall) in an arch 60'wide x 20'

"Joe Farmer" wrote
in message
roups.com...
replying to Jim Wilkins , Joe Farmer wrote:
muratlanne wrote:

First of all I would never expect someone's opinion to be a
garrantee. I
figure the idea of this site is for educated and experienced guys or
gals
to give their opinions on things that are their passion. I
constantly
enjoy bouncing my ideas off of other colleges. I do alot of
engineering on
the farm even though I do not have an engineering degree. I've
learned
alot of things from experience. . Yes I could simply hire an
engineer and
probably get a guarantee.,I can't afford to spend alot of money, but
am
willing to spend some.

If it was my problem I'd go see if the truss people could add an
independent support inside. You need to support only a point load in
the center so the design is pretty simple. They might even have
something left over from a cancelled order.
jsw