Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default how much load can arched tubing carry,(2"x6"1/8" wall) in an arch 60'wide x 20'

"Joe" wrote in
message roups.com...
replying to , Joe wrote:
dcaster wrote:
Maybe AmericanSteelSpan has a way to increase the buildings . snow
load capability
Dan

I used them in the past and the building failed. I don't trust their
opinion alone. If I know how much the 2'x6'x1/8' wall carries in an
arch 60'wide x20'
high in the center of the arch , That may solve my problem.

Even if a stranger on the Net was willing to risk a lawsuit by
calculating the safe load capacity for you for free, it may not be
possible to determine without knowing details like the exact design of
the joints between arch sections, how well they are cross-braced
against buckling, the properties of the steel used to make it and if
ill-advised bending into arches weakens it. And then, if it was
properly assembled on a foundation that can resist the downward and
spreading loads.

"Commercial Steel" doesn't indicate much yield strength, consistency
or quality control:
http://www.mcneilus.com/products/sheet.html
http://www.materialgrades.com/a-653a...teels-120.html

How did the other one fail, in tension, compression, shear or
buckling?

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Americ...L-MORE--718071