Ray Sandusky

Default Favorite Lathe Tool

I have a few top of the list tools that I do not think I could loose and
still be an effective turner:

1. Glaser Bowl Gouge - Since this one is in my hands about 80% of the time,
I am sure I would miss it if it were to be lost.

2. Termite hollowing tool - In my opinion, nothing hogs out hollow forms as
quickly and effortlessly (other than my 3" Carbide Forstner bit and extended
Jacob's Chuck)

3. Souix Sanding Drill - An awesome little tool - makes me look good over
and over!

As far as the Grind on my bowl gouge - I do not use the Ellesworth grind -
it advocates the rolling over of the bevel on the wings and does not have as
much of a cutting point available on the gouge's blade as a flat wing grind
style that is advocated by John Jordan and others.

Ray
www.artisticwoods.com

"Tommie" wrote in message
What is everyones favorite Lathe Tool. Mine is the Heavy Radiused
Scraper that I got from Lee Valley.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...30,43164&ccurr
ency=2&SID=
I have almost completely stopped using my Bowl Gouges in favor of this
scraper. I can either take a healthy cut or a fine cleanup cut. It was
well worth the money spent. Tommie

http://www.angelfire.com/va3/tommiesplace.com