Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default new band saw bearing froze up.

On 3/21/2014 3:55 PM, Mike wrote:
On 3/21/2014 2:51 PM, woodchucker wrote:
Damn crap they sell today.
i bought 2 new bearings about 2 years ago.
To me they are still new.

The bottom one froze, probably why I thought it wasn't cutting and was
drifting.

After sharpening the blade, I went to put it back on and was setting the
thrust bearing on the bottom to find it completely frozen.

The dust boots did little to stop the dust. I just popped the seals to
find it completely packed with dust.

Much quicker than the originals.

You might give bocabearings.com a look. I have only purchased model
airplane bearings there, but they were way better than the originals. I
see they carry tool bearings as well.

Yep, I used to purchase model engine bearings from them too.
Good idea, I was thinking of buying from Iturra, he's got a bearing with
an O ring, We'll see.

Thanks.

--
Jeff