IMM

Default Views on Potterton Suprema and Megaflow?

"IMM" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message

We're having some extension work done and
it involves replacing the boiler
and moving the bathroom.
A guy recommended having a Potterton Suprema
100k BTU boiler on the garage
wall with a Megaflow next to it and therefore saving
space in the house.

Any views on either of these?

Suprima? Avoid like the plague.

Megaflow? Avoid too. Superior alternative is a heat bank. Do a Google

on
this ng on "pandora", See: http://www.heatweb.com for an explaination.

Christian on this ng, is fitting a heat bank right now and using a
Worcster-Bosch Greenstar high efficiency condensing boiler to heat it.

Both
v good choices. A Glow Worm 30SXi is a good boiler and well priced and

will
mate to the Pandora Heat bank at http://www.discountedheating.co.uk

- BTU/h - 104.400
- kW - 30.6
- fronst protection
- Fully Modulating
Price: £547.00 £642.73 Including VAT & delivery

Another alternative is the Gledhill Systemate with the Switch electric
backup.
http://www.gledhill.net/docs/sm2000.htm

With the Glow Worm 30HXi heating boiler
• BTU's - 95.000
• kW - 27.8
• Built In Frost Protection
• Fully Modulating
Price £663.88 Including VAT & delivery

The Systemate controls the boiler and even has the CH pump inside the
casing, complete with frost control. The insulation of these unit is very
heavy (even under the cylinders it is insulated) and suitable for garages.
It also has "very" smart self adaptive microprocessor based controls.

Also look at the Boilermate, however with the Systemate is better when

mated
to a condensing boiler as the CH is heated directly from the boiler, so

the
Glow Worm will modulate the burner down when the house reaches

temperature,
promoting efficiency. I have a Systemate with a condensing boiler and it
works brilliantly.

As you want a boiler and cylinder try the Gledhill Gulfstream 2000:
http://www.gledhill.net/docs/gulfstream.htm

---