Posted to rec.woodworking
Morgans Morgans is offline

Default scroll saw question

wrote in message
eb.com...
have been looking for a decent used scroll saw for a couple of months and
not had much luck.....craigslist has lots of craftsman saws but not much
else..
I have never owned or used a scroll saw, but would like to get one for
some
projects. I am going to look at this saw tomorrow....
http://lansing.craigslist.org/tls/4340780607.html
this guy had this saw posted for a month or so for 650.00 and has now
reduced his asking price... he says he has owned the saw for 8 years and
not
used a whole lot...he also says the saw has no issues and works good and
that he is second owner......Is this saw worth 400.00? what should I look
for? any advise appreciated.

Hells yeah! That might be a neener, at that price.

Seems to have a sturdy table, a substantial blade clamp and easy tightening
mechanism. The blade clamp is always the most suspect part, to me, second
the tightening device.
--
Jim in NC

---