Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Bendable plywood

On 3/18/2014 10:15 PM, Gramps' shop wrote:
I'm making a base for a coffee table and my design thoughts are aiming at an S-shaped form. The form would be about an 8-inch sandwich The top is a large filch of white oak. Has anyone any experience with bendable plywood? I've found these folks online: http://www.kerfkore.com/ and there is a distributor close enough to warrant a visit.

Like Lew said, "bendable plywood" is available at most suppliers around
here, although it's not very pretty for a finished product unless you're
painting.

You must also use some type of method/structure to "set" the shape,
otherwise the flexibility remains in the end product.

I suppose I could kerf-cut my own, but ...

Why not? You have a table saw, it is very easy to do, albeit a bit time
consuming in its repetitive nature.

Besides, "kerfing" it yourself is the only way I know to be able to use
the exact plywood desired for the project.

Quite a bit of "kerfing for shape" in 3/4" plywood was done on this
project a couple of years back:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1113554...?noredirect=1#

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com