Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Default Delta DJ-20 question

On 3/17/2014 11:07 PM, wrote:
On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 19:00:01 -0400,
wrote:
I certainly wouldn't automatically assume they'll get worse. The new
company may have more money to spend. ...or not, but we can't know
that from the article.

But, wouldn't you agree that their prime motive usually is profit?

Isn't that the primary motive for any business?

We seem to have evolved into a way of thinking that businesses exist to
serve some philanthropic purpose and provide employment and benefits
irregardless of anything else rather than that those are simply side
products of the operation of a business.

One thing I've noticed that happened clear back when or shortly after
P-C bought Delta is that they quite buying advertising in FWW. One
would think that would be a prime place to try to sell higher-priced ww
gear but I guess they thought the high cost of the space doesn't bring
enough reward.

Hadn't really thought about if for a while, I just looked; I don't see
any at all in the last several issues, either. PM is still there w/ a
full-page spread or one of the inside covers every issue, however, as
well as Jet. But, it's clear the printed copy is waning with emphasis
shifting to electronic--it's not what it was even a few years ago.