Posted to uk.d-i-y
Onetap Onetap is offline

Default Best way to repair a galvanised watering can?

On Monday, March 17, 2014 5:35:40 PM UTC, Onetap wrote:
On Sunday, March 16, 2014 2:52:04 PM UTC, MM wrote:

It's leaking around the spout where it joins to the can. I don't think

it's possible to solder a galvanised can, or is there some approach I

could take? I don't have access to brazing gear. New cans are quite

expensive and this can is fine, apart from the leak.

It's knackered, bin it, buy a plastic one.

The zinc galvanizing is a sacrificial anode; it inhibits the corrosion of the steel until all the zinc has gone. Once the zinc has gone, it's knackered and will perforate repeatedly.

It's knackered. Bin it.