Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic,sci.electronics.cad,sci.electronics.basics
John Larkin John Larkin is offline

Default NE-2 I-V Curve ??

On Mon, 17 Mar 2014 00:30:11 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 16:41:09 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 14:03:49 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 13:34:40 -0700, John Larkin
wrote:

On Sun, 16 Mar 2014 10:39:38 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

Anyone have an accurate I-V curve for an NE-2 neon indicator lamp?

(I think it's time I applied TANH to it ;-)

...Jim Thompson

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...Tubes/Neon.PDF

LT Spice already has neonbulb as a component.

As do I, recently posted here. But I'm on a "crusade" to make Spice
models that don't have convergence issues.

What are the topmost complaints we see here about Spice models?

(1) Doesn't match the behavior of the real part
(2) Won't converge, or very slow simulating.

I aim to change that, and make some money from model-making, while I'm
at it.

...Jim Thompson

So, who's going to pay you big bucks for a better model of an NE-2?

---
As part of a nice, inexpensive library of well-thought-out and
executed parts, I suspect the big bucks would result from the volume
of sales of those libraries.

Some people, like Modelithics, are in the serious model-selling business. Email
them and see if they have an NE-2 model.

Your mindset of selling a few expensive niche products probably
keeps you from seeing that, and is what'll keep you out of the big
time.

I'm in the big time. Look at my web site.

--

John Larkin Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Precision electronic instrumentation