Posted to rec.woodworking
Morgans Morgans is offline

Default Delta DJ-20 question

"woodchucker" wrote

Avoid B&D like the plague ... it's crap.

On the most part, I agree. I was given a partial set of B&D Firestorm
battery tools, and I found them to be so indestructible, that I got all of
the tools in the line, so I could use the same batteries. The batteries are
still crap, but the tools have been proven to be tough as nails, and I have
used them on an every day commercial basis. I solved the battery problem by
buying a few Kobalt 4400Mah Lithium ion batteries and stuffing them in the
old NiCad batter cases. Problem solved.

Dewalt I consider good quality mostly. But I have been reading some bad
things.. I have an older scroll saw... it's great, the new ones have some
serious problems...

Yep. Bad switches, armatures burned out, cases broken, batteries burned out
quickly, all of the problems. I would not buy a new Dealt on a bet, now.

--
Jim in NC

---