Posted to uk.d-i-y
mogga mogga is offline

Default Bonfires

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 20:18:42 +0000, news
wrote:

The bin men round here are a contrary lot. Being away quite a bit I
generate very little general waste (perhaps 1 or 2 carrier bags worth)
and to prevent food waste going rancid usually put the bin out
containing these one or 2 carrier bags. One day I was at home and
observed the operatives lift the lid of my bin, extract the bags and
throw them in the lorry. So next time having only 1 carrier bag of
waste to save carting the whole bin out and back I put the one bag out
at the roadside - that's clearly not good enough - it got left behind.
Severely tempted now to not bother bagging it up and just throw it loose
in the bin.

Ours were a day late this week. People have started cutting hedges and
lawns so it took them a lot longer than the normal winter run.

One of our green binnies pulls a wheelie bin round and empties the
food waste bins into it and moves on.
That only works when it's almost all little bins - which is is outside
of hedge cutting time.
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk