Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another battery charger question

On Fri, 14 Mar 2014 08:32:02 -0400, "Jim Wilkins"
wrote:

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 16:38:51 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

The FM capability allows you to listen to news broadcasts in an
emergency without carrying another radio.

News is broadcast on FM stations now? It's been awhile...

During our last New England outage I searched all over the FM dial for
weather reports. The most useful source was National Weather Service
radar maps on the Internet, either from dialup or a prepaid cell phone
modem I use as backup. This laptop uses less than a quarter of the
electricity my desktop requires and can run much longer on 12V
batteries.

Got -portable- solar backup to that, too? $66 on eBay gets you a 13W
briefcase solar setup, complete with charge controller. I just paid
my taxes and had enough left over to consider the purchase.

The radar image showed approaching precipitation so I knew when to
repair and when to cover up roof damage.

Value of that service: PRICELESS!

Does anyone here raise rabbits? Got tips?

--
Creativity can solve almost any problem. The creative act,
the defeat of habit by originality, overcomes everything.