Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another battery charger question

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 16:38:51 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Thu, 13 Mar 2014 03:36:45 -0400, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 00:35:32 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

I plan on doing that RSN. I already bought the radio, a little
handheld Baofeng UV-5R which my ham buddy recommended.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271283545245 Radio (Red, so you won't lose it so
easy)

Black, so it's not so gaudy in discrete positions.

Red, so it doesn't blend in with all the others at a hamfest where it
may be stolen.

Engrave your name on the top of the unit and rub with white paint.

No thanks. I don't disfigure my property like that. If anything, it

That's one of the few ways to catch it when stolen at a public outing.
shrug

They'll have to take the radio off my belt, and the speaker mic off
my shirt or jacket collar to steal it.

The FM capability allows you to listen to news broadcasts in an
emergency without carrying another radio.

News is broadcast on FM stations now? It's been awhile...

It is, around here, at the top of the hour. Especially during
emergencies. Definitely during a hurricane.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.