Posted to uk.d-i-y
news[_7_] news[_7_] is offline

Default Bonfires

On 13/03/2014 18:37, GMM wrote:

Snip

So yesterday was green waste day and there were very few wheelie bins
(apart from mine) out on our street. Quite a few green bags though,
which were dutifully ignore by the collectors.
Came home in the evening to a heavy scent of bonfire in the air. It
might have been a coincidence but probably not...

The bin men round here are a contrary lot. Being away quite a bit I
generate very little general waste (perhaps 1 or 2 carrier bags worth)
and to prevent food waste going rancid usually put the bin out
containing these one or 2 carrier bags. One day I was at home and
observed the operatives lift the lid of my bin, extract the bags and
throw them in the lorry. So next time having only 1 carrier bag of
waste to save carting the whole bin out and back I put the one bag out
at the roadside - that's clearly not good enough - it got left behind.
Severely tempted now to not bother bagging it up and just throw it loose
in the bin.

--
Chris