Posted to uk.d-i-y
GMM[_3_] GMM[_3_] is offline

Default Bonfires

On 03/03/2014 20:12, GMM wrote:
The spring is coming and, inconveniently, our LA has stopped its 'all
you can eat' approach to green waste, so now we have to rent wheelie
bins. Although you can rent more than one, and we'll get a couple,
there's a limit to how many dirty great bins you can have around the
place, and I reckon that 2 weeks of cutting our grass will probably fill
one of them. We also 'employ' a gardener (yup, it's a pretty big
garden). Although he's getting on a bit, he still seems to be able to
cut down a lot of stuff in teh few hours he's here.
The obvious solution (which most people will take) is, unfortunately, to
burn the excess, as the last thing I want is to accumulate piles of
rat-infested compost heaps that never get used.
So....What's the best arrangement for burnign garden waste? Obviously,
it needs a bit of time to dry out first, but this can be reduced by
getting a good blaze going. My first thought was/is a galvanised
incinerator bin but before I get one, I thought someone here might have
some insight.

Cheers chaps

So yesterday was green waste day and there were very few wheelie bins
(apart from mine) out on our street. Quite a few green bags though,
which were dutifully ignore by the collectors.
Came home in the evening to a heavy scent of bonfire in the air. It
might have been a coincidence but probably not...