Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Another battery charger question

Larry Jaques wrote:

On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 00:35:32 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Larry Jaques wrote:

I plan on doing that RSN. I already bought the radio, a little
handheld Baofeng UV-5R which my ham buddy recommended.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271283545245 Radio (Red, so you won't lose it so
easy)

Black, so it's not so gaudy in discrete positions.

Red, so it doesn't blend in with all the others at a hamfest where it
may be stolen.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/281073791899 Speaker/Mic (Matches radio)

What for? Earphones work much better and don't broadcast it to the
neighborhood.

See above. For hamfests.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261186498353 USB Programming Cable

Got it! I found that only one of two available free programs works
with it. CHIRP did not, but VIP did. Get the program specified for
your particular serial number & chipset.

What's wrong with the software on the Baofeng website?

BTW, do you know you can also receive FM broadcast with it?

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.