Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bleeding LCD displays

Phil Hobbs wrote:

When I was a kid, I used to get dead TVs and take them apart for the
components. To get rid of the picture tubes, I put them in a Rubbermaid
trash can and shot out the faceplate with my slingshot.

Great fun--glass _everywhere_.

I used to take a tiny triangle file and file a notch in the
evacuation seal till it started to hiss, and let it sit. The hissing
scared the crap out of people who didn't belong in my shop.

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.