Posted to rec.woodworking
Jeff Thies[_2_] Jeff Thies[_2_] is offline

Default Solar Kiln

On 3/12/2014 11:02 AM, Michael wrote:
On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:43:04 AM UTC-5, Jeff Thies wrote:
On 3/11/2014 11:10 AM, Michael wrote:

On Monday, March 10, 2014 7:14:10 PM UTC-5, Jeff Thies wrote:

On 3/10/2014 3:59 PM, Michael wrote:

snip

http://www.rmax.com/downloads/DataSheets/rmp3.pdf

Great information, Jeff! Will this rMax material hold up under rain and snow conditions,

It does here. The reflective side suffers more. I have raw pieces that
have been outside for years. Gets dirty! I use it in all my solar. You
can paint, or cover in thin ply if you wish. This stuff is stiff but it
can be punctured. It's also easily repaired.

or will some kind of exterior skin be necessary?

No. You can do without one if you don't mind a little rough around the
edges, so to speak.

Jeff