Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Gold Plating Plastic

"Bob La Londe" fired this volley in
:

So you are saying the average refrigeration vacuum pump isn't going to
cut it? Most pull about 29 inches (give or take depending on quality)
pretty quickly, but will run over night to get past that.

A really well-maintained fridge pump with fresh oil will get down
_around_ where you need to be for vapor deposition processes, but not
easily, and usually not quite.

You need below 2u Hg to be effective, and most Robinaires won't get below
ten once they're a couple of years old. I mean, my Robinair thermistor
gauge won't read below 50!

LLoyd