Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Delta DJ-20 question

When I look at used 8" Delta DJ-20 jointers, can I take for granted that
they have "parallelogram support", or is that feature only in the later
models?

Grizzly sent me a 10%-off coupon, so I am considering the G-0490, but I
would prefer to buy used. I think I'd even find a decent 6" unit
acceptable for now. I'm not in a hurry but I just have 10 more days on
my coupon. I've been checking craigslist everyday since they sent the
coupon. A DJ-20 showed up for $1000 the other day and disppeared pretty
fast. There is one out there for $1150. I think I'd pay $750 as a new
G-490, would be $1050 including delivery. Maybe that is unfair to a
DJ-20 seller, but that is the way I think about it. I saw a Powermatic
8" jointer go for about that at an auction 2 years ago. It was in a
basement with a steep stairway!

Bill