Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Solar Kiln

"jloomis" wrote:

Yes, they make a wonderful solar operated fan I use in my
greenhouse.
12volt.....
sounds good.
you could also dry fruit.....
wonder if it gets too hot too quick?
warping boards?
I guess you can sticker them....and cover from the sun, but
circulate the air....in and out....
john

"Michael" wrote:

I'm going to make an insulated solar kiln to dry out 6 -8 foot
stock. Any advice. It's just going to be an insulated box with
repurposed house windows tilted at 45 degrees (Wisconsin) and a
small fan to circulate air. Any important things I need to keep in
mind?

Norm once built a green house on NYW.

Used a modulated opening for maintaining temps.

Might want to take a look for reference ideas.

Lew