Posted to rec.woodworking
Michael[_24_] Michael[_24_] is offline

Default Solar Kiln

On Tuesday, March 11, 2014 11:08:08 AM UTC-5, Jim Weisgram wrote:
On Mon, 10 Mar 2014 12:59:54 -0700 (PDT), Michael

wrote:

I'm going to make an insulated solar kiln to dry out 6 -8 foot stock. Any advice. It's just going to be an insulated box with repurposed house windows tilted at 45 degrees (Wisconsin) and a small fan to circulate air. Any important things I need to keep in mind?

Thanks.

I remember a video on the subject, probably at the Fine Woodworking

web site. The kiln operator recommended a home dehumidifier for a

small kiln.

I saw those too, but after casting around a little bit, I'm just going to go for it and make a big solar kiln. It sounds like a fun project that will be very useful.