Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Gluing Composite Material

On Monday, March 10, 2014 9:33:19 AM UTC-5, wrote:
Help from the nephew would be remarkable for you because with the help you will be able to complete the project much earlier than in case of doing it alone.

Help from the nephews is a must for some tasks, but good company always makes a job go better, no matter who's here, even you online visitors.

Got a reply from Systems3, after sending them Flickr pics. I ordered the Gel Magic. I had hope it would arrive today, but no.
**************
From the pictures, it appears that you are working with a high density urethane
foam. Our Gel Magic structural adhesive looks like it will work well for this
application. I recommend trying to build in some extra structural strength with
the use of wood dowel inserts. A great way to do this with the foam is to drill
in oversized holes compared to the dowels, and use the Gel Magic to glue in the
dowels to the legs prior to joining the legs to the rest of the stool. The Gel
Magic will create a nice bond with the foam and give you some added strength
with the addition of the dowel. You can then get everything lined up with the
seat of the stool and do the same hole size and gluing procedure when joining
the legs to the seat.

With Gel Magic, make sure not to over clamp the legs and squeeze out all the
glue, as it needs glue in the joint to work properly. The Gel Magic is a great
gap filler and will work great. Here is a link to the Gel Magic page of our
website: http://www.systemthree.com/store/pc/...lMagic-c16.htm.

Hope this helps and give me a call if you have any other questions. Thanks for
considering System Three epoxy systems.

Regards,
Will Smoot

Here's some of the walnut for the trestle table, roughly 20"W X 11.5'L X 1.5" thick. Each board felt like 100+ lbs, to me, when we stacked it green.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/4383614...in/photostream

A few weeks ago, I brought a pecan log to the mill, to have slabs cut, to make bed headboards, a la George Nakashima design, hopefully. There ought to be some nice figured lumber in this sample.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/43836144@N04/13064922275/

Sonny