Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Table Saw purchase question

Lee Michaels wrote:

I find it interesting that a store is selling a quality product and
you reduce this whole marketing and retailing approach as a "selling
by fear" sales tactic. Maybe it is just a sell a quality product
because it makes sense for our demographic and targeted market. Remember,
you can get the cheaper saw many other places. Not that
many places to get a SawStop.

Bingo.

You have to remember that the retail world is changing, big time. Office
Max is substantially reducing their stores. They do half of
their business online now. And almost a quarter of their in store
sales is selling computer printing supplies. You don't need a big box
store to sell printing supplies. Radio Shack is closing one quarter
of their stores. I don't see a future for Radio Shack. Retail is
tough, and becoming more so every day.

Bingo again! Stores like Woodcraft do not attract enough walk in business
to stock a diverse selection. They have to stock what moves. That's just
market dynamics.

I also feel left out in various businesses product offerings. There
has been a number of innovative restaurants that have opened near me
that I just loved. I loved the food, environment, pricing, etc. And
the all went out of business. I do like barbeque joints though. I
can bitch and complain all I want. But guess what? I am not part of
a demographic that would support such a an eating establishment. If
there were more people like me, those place would still be in
business. Without sufficient numbers, these bright, creative ideas
perish.

Geeze Lee - you nailed it!

--

-Mike-