Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bolts and vibes and red loctite

Terry Coombs wrote:
OK , so here's what I got . I have an older 18" Poulan Wild Thing chainsaw
. It has an angle plate between the carb and cylinder , it's apparent
purpose is to angle the carb up slightly . Problem area is where the plate
bolts to the cylinder . I can't keep the damn screws tight , and when they
loosen the saw just doesn't run because it's a massive vacuum leak . I've
tried red loctite , tried dry , and they just keep getting loose . Carb to
plate screws are fine , no problems there .
Fortunately I have 2 other FREE ! saws , so I can still cut firewood ,
but I'd like to get this one reliable , as it has the longest bar . Cuttin'
fool when it runs right , as are the others since I learned how to sharpen
chains . Very important tool if you heat with wood !

if they'd fit, and you can get some, try nord-lock washers. they are magic
under the right conditions.