Posted to rec.woodworking
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Table Saw purchase question

On 3/10/2014 12:27 AM, Leon wrote:
On 3/9/2014 9:20 PM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 3/9/2014 8:52 PM, Bill wrote:

Have you actually asked a store that sells SawStop how the SS units
sell compared to the other brands?

My local Woodcraft store says nobody buys anything else. I don't
believe them.

They don't even list Delta on their website, but lots of SawStop.

Retail 101, you sell and stock to meet demand.

Possibly another economic factor too. Lawyers tend to drag everyone
into the suits that has loose change in their pockets. "Woodcraft
knowingly sold this XYZ brand to my client knowing he could cut his
penis off if he jumped on top of the saw"