Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Mawson[_2_] Andrew Mawson[_2_] is offline

Default Replacing Sarking

"Jethro_uk" wrote in message ...

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 09:48:55 +0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

My roof has none, indeed one can see daylight from inside.
Brian

The roofer who retiled and re-membraned my roof was adamant that it's the
felt that makes it weatherproof, not the tiles ....

I'm sure that there is quite a bit of truth in that. Although you'd expect a
fully tiled and sound roof would be weatherproof, as soon as wind becomes
involved rain or snow no longer only goes down hill and gets in unexpected
places. We've just (hopefully) cured a leak over our bedroom - newly tiled,
but in one place the roofer had got the overlap of the flashing and the
sarking the wrong way round. Absolutely fine even in torrential rain unless
there was a wind from a particular direction.

Andrew