Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Table Saw purchase question

On 3/9/2014 8:25 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 20:05:02 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
That is exactly true. Some people will buy an American or German
product but never again after having the opportunity to use or own a
Japanese product. It is all in how much value you place in safety,
quality, value. etc. Safety is my personal top of the list and is the
leading reason that I recently bought the industrial SS over the Laguna
TS with the scoring blade.

In conjunction with your thumb injury years ago, your woodworking is
frequently used for making a living. I suspect your wife's opinion
might be an additional factor. All those factors added together would
be a great motivator for a SawStop purchase.

She knew that I was proponent of the saw and gave me the go ahead
shortly after helping me with cutting a panel last spring. ;~)

There was a planed for and anticipated incident that got her attention.