Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Table Saw purchase question

On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 16:26:43 -0500, Leon wrote:

Simply the arbor/trunnion assembly is quite HD on all models when
compared to the competition.

That's certainly true. It *has* to be heavier to take the shock when/if
the brake fires.

But I worked for a power tool retailer for a few years and had the
opportunity to examine (and @#$% assemble) several brands and types of
table saws. I think the cabinet saws from Powermatic, General, and maybe
even Steel City, are equal or better in quality to the Sawstop.

A prospective buyer has to weigh the importance of quality, price, and
features. Different people will come to different conclusions.

--
Where have all the flowers gone? Pete Seeger 1919-2014