Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_7_] Leon[_7_] is offline

Default Table Saw purchase question

On 3/9/2014 5:09 PM, wrote:
On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 13:46:49 -0500, Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet
wrote:

On 3/9/2014 11:13 AM, Swingman wrote:
On 3/9/2014 10:35 AM,
wrote:

There is no such thing as "safe". The only question is how much are
you willing to pay for each bit of "safety".

Especially when paying in freedoms:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phBEhZK5pvY

Buying yourself a gun for protection against the possibility of being
attacked or robbed is costly. But NOT nearly as costly as losing your
right to own that type of protection.

No one is asking you to loose your arm to buy a different brand.

Not sure I follow you here, not talking TS's any more.

Out lawing guns will only take protection away from the law biding
citizens. Criminals, the people we need guns to protect ourselves from,
will be the only ones that will still have guns if we lose our rights to
own guns.

Forcing SawStop on everyone will also take table saws away from a
*lot* of people.

Still not following, no one is being forced to buy SawStop but many are
actually loosing and have lost the right to own a fire arm.

Some people know karate and don't need guns to begin with. These people
know that the gun manufacturers are only out to make guns for profit and
really don't care about your safety.

Nonsense. Karate is no replacement for a gun, no matter what Bruce
Lee movies show. I suppose all gun manufacturers all delete safeties
from their guns because they want them to be dangerous? Umm, get
real!

Sorry, I should have use some kind of emoticon showing my tongue in my
cheek.