Posted to rec.woodworking
Max[_5_] Max[_5_] is offline

Default Table Saw purchase question

On 3/9/2014 10:17 AM, wrote:
On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 10:11:25 -0600, Max wrote:
How many less than ten fingered woodworking people are there?
( by the way, your statement about wondering doesn't require a question

I know of three people here who have previously self identified with a
tablesaw injury that could have been prevented by a SawStop if it had
existed at the time of the injury. I'm not going to name them, but
perhaps some will name themselves.

Not to pick nits but in your initial "wonder" you didn't qualify your
comment by limiting your missing fingers to "people here".
What I'm alluding to is the number of woodworkers who have cut off, or
nearly so, a finger when using a table saw. The statistic "might" be a
persuasive number when selling a potential finger saver device.
I'm not attempting to denigrate the SawStop. What I am suggesting is
that it is not only a safety decision but an economic one.

SawStop "contractor" saw: $1599.

Grizzly Hybrid table saw:
http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0715P $894.
delivered.