Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] none@none.com is offline

Default Table Saw purchase question

On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 12:17:34 -0400, wrote:
I don't even have a workshop. All of my woodworking is limited to the
workbench in my living room. But, if I did have a workshop, I'd
seriously consider a SawStop or a sliding table panel saw. That being
said, my needs are different than the average woodworker.

So you admit that it's not all that cut-and-dried; there *is* a
decision to be made.

There's always a decision to be made. And, you've chosen to ignore my
statement that my situation when using a tablesaw is different than
most.

I do however question your comparison ridiculous comparisons as to
costs.

Sure, but not if I had to pay twice as much for the car with one.
Yes. No. Neither, if I had to pay twice as much for the house.

The SawStop mechanism DOES NOT double the price of the saw. It doesn't
even come close. The SawStop tablesaw itself is a well made, very
decent operating tablesaw with top notch fit and finish.

There's a number of regular $3000 tablesaws on the market and the
SawStop is as good if not better than all of them.