Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Table Saw purchase question

On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 11:19:11 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 09 Mar 2014 11:06:49 -0400,
wrote:
Not like everything else. The difference is the cost (and the
patents). Let's do this again after the patents run out.

I'm wondering how many less than ten fingered woodworking people would
agree with you?

Completely irrelevant. A similar silly-statement would be "How many
people who had limbs lost in car accidents, prefer they stayed home
that day?". Life *is* about risk/reward, no matter how much the
nanny-state tries to tell you otherwise.

There is no such thing as "safe". The only question is how much are
you willing to pay for each bit of "safety". When I bought my saw, I
looked at a SawStop but decided that the Unisaw would look nice in the
garage (nicer than the Griz). A picture of a SawStop just wouldn't
cut it.

Do you have a SawStop?