Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Table Saw purchase question

On Sat, 08 Mar 2014 00:17:50 -0500, wrote:

On 08 Mar 2014 02:58:43 GMT, Tyrone Tiews wrote:
enough to say I can't get hurt again, but if I do, it won't be because I
have a false sense of security from having a saw that makes a workshop safe
for hot dogs.

Do you wear a seatbelt when you're driving Tyrone?

Not Tyrone, but... Sure, but not if I had to pay twice as much for
the car with one.

Do you have a smoke detector or carbon monoxide detector in your home Tyrone?

Yes. No. Neither, if I had to pay twice as much for the house.

The SawStop
is a safety device just like anything else.

Not like everything else. The difference is the cost (and the
patents). Let's do this again after the patents run out.

If all these things are
likely to give you a false sense of security then you've got a
serious problem.

You can deny human nature all you want but it doesn't change it.