Posted to rec.woodworking
Tyrone Tiews Tyrone Tiews is offline

Default Table Saw purchase question

woodchucker wrote in
:

Bank the $1000, and never use your saw without reminding yourself
that it is capable of causing you grievous bodily harm. Not everyone
who uses a table saw will lose a finger. But any woodworker who fails
to be vigilant might.

The real question: Right-tilt or left?

The TROLL is back..
Tyrone, for you the question is whether you will cut your right or
left hand off.

For the last ten years I've used a table saw daily, and for thirty or so
years prior to that, I'd used one at least a few of times a week. A few
youthful misadventures with kickback taught me respect. I'm not foolhardy
enough to say I can't get hurt again, but if I do, it won't be because I
have a false sense of security from having a saw that makes a workshop safe
for hot dogs.