Sawblade

Default Bowl Turning Tear-out Problem ? ? ?

Snip

How do I get rid of the tear out? Any
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Well, it is not using a turning tool, but in a former life (as a
regular woodworker) I had a lot of success with cabinet scrapers - you
know those flat pieces of metal with a small burr raised on the edge.
They make some that have a curved edge on them, and although it may be
cheating (grin) I have found that they are often my best bet for
removing torn grain on the inside of a bowl. I had some poplar (I
know, I know - but it was free) that I was using to turn some bowls
and practice thin turning with and the chatter and tear out was really
tough till I tried the cabinet scrapers. Hope this helps!

Sawblade