Posted to uk.d-i-y
Phil Phil is offline

Default Bonfires

On Thursday, March 6, 2014 12:55:26 PM UTC, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Mon, 03 Mar 2014 20:12:45 +0000, GMM wrote:

The spring is coming and, inconveniently, our LA has stopped its 'all

you can eat' approach to green waste, so now we have to rent wheelie

bins. Although you can rent more than one, and we'll get a couple,

there's a limit to how many dirty great bins you can have around the

place, and I reckon that 2 weeks of cutting our grass will probably fill

one of them. We also 'employ' a gardener (yup, it's a pretty big

garden). Although he's getting on a bit, he still seems to be able to

cut down a lot of stuff in teh few hours he's here.

The obvious solution (which most people will take) is, unfortunately, to

burn the excess, as the last thing I want is to accumulate piles of

rat-infested compost heaps that never get used.

So....What's the best arrangement for burnign garden waste? Obviously,

it needs a bit of time to dry out first, but this can be reduced by

getting a good blaze going. My first thought was/is a galvanised

incinerator bin but before I get one, I thought someone here might have

some insight.

Cheers chaps

You do know that in the FAQ about Birminghams new "service" it's pointed

out that it's a statutory nuisance to light a bonfire ?

http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/greenwaste

Another link:

http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/cs/Sate...FInlineWrapper