Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default Table Saw purchase question

Tyrone Tiews wrote:
Leon lcb11211@swbelldotnet wrote in
:

Now something you should be considering. You obviously are serious
about this hobby and plan to continue woodworking since this is going
to be a replacement saw. Don't ask yourself if you can afford the
SawStop, ask yourself if you can afford to loose a finger or the
expense of the ER.

There are other fine offerings but so far none have your back should
you, when you , make that mistake, have a lapse in judgement, or do
something stupid.

The first time the saw saves your butt is when the saw more than pays
for it self.

This comment will undoubtedly loose the usual ****storm of debate on a
subject that has already been flogged to death. I am strongly of the
opinion that having a saw with an idiot-proof feature allows you to be more
of an idiot.

Said by the idiot. I am as entitled to voice my opinion as any one here
but insinuating that someone becomes more of an idiot because his or her
beliefs don't align with yours speaks volumes about you.

If you can afford the saw it is a no brainier.