Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Square Hole Punch

On 3/5/2014 11:44 AM, wrote:
Anyone know if these are better at forming the requisite square recesses for square plugs than a hollow chisel (from a mortiser)? I have an old set of hollow chisels that I use for such a task (smack with a mallet).

trying to determine if the cost can be justified here considering that I own a few hollow chisels.

Are they easier to use for this task? Do they produce a better quality hole (no chipping - perfectly square)?

Anyone?

They are essetially the same thing if you look at them. just use your
hollow chisels with a wood mallet to protect the tops.

--
Jeff