Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Gluing Composite Material

On 3/4/2014 1:55 PM, Sonny wrote:
On Tuesday, March 4, 2014 10:17:47 AM UTC-6, Bill wrote:
Sonny, I wondered where you've been. Good to see you back! Bill

I've been reading along, most threads, just haven't replied to any, until now.

Been busy, too. My nephew's been over, helping a lot with the heavy stuff and the all-day work. I don't have the stamina to last all day. He's been pushing me to get some things done and he's helping with all the flooring boards being planed.... and a few other chores.

While installing the entertainment center, I screwed up my wood floor. When I get the floor fixed, I'll post pics of the EC, though it's just the finished carcass. My nephew is impressed with it and I'm happy with it, too. It's the largest and maybe the most complicated project I've ever tried.

It's Leon's fault, showing us those walnut cabinets! With warmer weather near, I've been itching to get started on that walnut trestle table, I want to make from the tree I had milled Nov. 2011.... the lumber is stacked next to the planer, so it's been in my face, lately. It should be sufficiently air dried, by now. And I've paid attention to some of Karl's walnut finish work, for ideas for the table's finish.

A week or 2 ago, I finished & installed a new thread rack, for the upholstery thread spools.

Mardi Gras has been fun and my patch of clover, with lots of 4 leafers, is a hit with the kids, so I've been enjoying the ride.

Sonny

Sounds like you need full time help from the nephew with all those
projects.

Screwing the floor up ... damn, use carpet next time turned over soft
side down to avoid the pain.

--
Jeff