Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alan Braggins Alan Braggins is offline

Default Bonfires

In article , Martin Brown wrote:
On 03/03/2014 22:43, GMM wrote:
On 03/03/2014 21:29, Tim Watts wrote:
On 03/03/14 20:12, GMM wrote:
The spring is coming and, inconveniently, our LA has stopped its 'all
you can eat' approach to green waste,

So has ours (Rother DC in East Sussex).
I am now suspicious...

Suspicious? Hmm...I thought I was the cynical one! Birmingham here, so
not directly related, presumably.

I can only assume the business plan didn't work out. As I understood
it, the council sold the rights to collect garden waste to a commercial
set-up who would turn it into compost and sell it back to us all. The
problem presumably is that everyone chucks a lot of stuff out but nobody
buys any compost, as anyone who's interested makes their own.

In Belgium they essentially give away their green bin generated compost
to anyone who wants it.

Same here in Cambridgeshire, if you turn up where they compost it and take
it away yourself (or pay skip hire to have it delivered).
http://www.cambridgeshire.gov.uk/env...educe/faqs.htm