Posted to rec.woodworking

Default More Woodworking.....Sorry. ;~)

Man Leon, those look great. I'll bet in person they are even more impressive. In fact, I have no doubt. When I was there at Christmas they were still just a twinkle in the eye and an image on the screen...

So with all the details on that work it seems you have been pretty busy! I am sorry you have to keep on project of you Dad's health. It is a project, and when I was taking care of mine it was more tiring and exasperating than anything I have ever done. My thoughts are with both you and Kim.

Anyway, looking at the album saw the cabs less the glass and studied on the configuration of the uprights over the base. Years ago I built a small display care from walnut, and the uprights only extended about 2 1/2 feet above the base and then had the top secured to them. I had to replace one of the uprights as it twisted just enough to make it noticeable and then it affected the glass measurement as well.

How did you make sure your wood for the uprights that frame the glass was stable enough to keep from twisting? I used American Black Walnut (looks like the wood you used) but it wasn't kiln dried or anything like that. Down to the hard wood supplier and (no picking the pile at our local suppliers as they wound up with enormous piles of unusable crap after about month of that from the cabinet guys)and I got what I got.

I know you got the wood while I was in Houston as Karl showed me a pic you sent him, so it certainly hasn't had time to acclimate in the garage.

So... howdja do it?

Robert