Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default More Woodworking.....Sorry. ;~)

Greg Guarino wrote:
On 3/2/2014 2:26 PM, Leon wrote:
I have been dealing with my father's health issues for the past 6 weeks
and have been having to squeeze in the work of the curio cabinets when I
can.

Anyway I will be contacting my glass man tomorrow with measurements for
the glass and mirrors. The vack upper cabinets get the mirrors and all
the other open spaces get the tempered glass. Then 3 glass shelves in
each upper cabinet.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb1121...n/photostream/

I have a few details to take care of, an adjustable shelf for each
bottom cabinet, door bumpers, and plywood backs, but that is the no
brainier part of the job.

I'm curious about the half-round "piping". Firstly, I'm not sure I've
seen that design before. Is that a Leon original? Or perhaps I just don't
get out enough in the fine furniture world.

Second, how did you go about attaching that molding? Did you use pins or
something like that?

---

The half round was a design on a client's piece of furniture that I had to
match many years ago when I built some pieces for their dining room. I
can't take credit for that. :-)
I made some spacing jigs to attach/clamp on all 4 sides of each door to
index the pieces against and I used Titebond Trim glue and 1/2" long 23
gauge pins to attach until the glue dried. I still need to use a walnut
putty stick to cover the pin holes.