Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thanks to the US Navy from Canada

On 3/2/2014 5:45 PM, Homo Gay wrote:
nestork wrote:

and still we're treated like North Koreans at the US/Canada
border.

Home Guy:

That's because there are very many different Canadians with very
many different agendas.

The most absurd thing is that people and goods can cross national
borders in Europe without having to submit to ridiculous
customs/immigration checks even though those countries were at war
with each other 60 years ago. Countries with different languages
and histories. And yet back here in North America, we have a
bitterly defended border between US and Canada (defended far more
vigorously and seriously on the US side), with every mile, every foot
under video surveilance, every person's papers checked, every letter
or package bogged down by customs proceedures AND EXPENSES.

The vast majority of Canadians consider Americans to be friendly
neighbors

That's a fuzzy idea that does not speak to the fundamental issue
here. The US thinks it's a fortress - even in terms of it's
"friendly neighbor" to the north. I know what it was like to cross
the border before 9/11. There was talk of having a single facility
at every crossing, jointly staffed by both countries, to handle
cross-border traffic. You could drive into the US just by showing a
birth certificate (with no photo!) and just say you were going
shopping for the day, and you weren't asked if you were carrying more
than $10k worth of currency and other bull**** questions.

The border has "thickened" since 9/11. It's been well documented.

So tell me Homo Gay, what has your government done to investigate and
keep Islamic radicals out of Canada? Does your RCMP keep a close eye on
investigate people from The Middle East? That's where the majority of
the radical Muslims are coming from. Are there Imams in the mosques
there in Canada preaching death and destruction toward of any of the
nonbelievers in Canada and in The United States? It seems to be a common
behavior by many Imams and the Muslims who are not radicalized
tend to keep quiet about what they see and hear of their brethren who
wish to attack and kill the Infidel. Perhaps those Muslims who would
come forward and notify authorities about radical Islamists fear they
themselves will be killed in the name of Allah? o_O

http://preview.tinyurl.com/lv9s36q

TDD