Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Thanks to the US Navy from Canada

On Sun, 02 Mar 2014 19:29:19 -0600, The Daring Dufas
wrote:

Speaking of our Navy, did you see this?

USS Somerset commissioned:

A new U.S. Navy ship named to honor 40 passengers and crew killed
when their hijacked United Airlines flight crashed as they fought
with terrorists during the Sept. 11 attacks has been put into service
in Philadelphia.

USS New York, USS Arlington and USS Somerset (post 9/11)

I recall seeing something about a number of US Navy vessels having some
of the steel salvaged from the Twin Towers melted down and used to make
parts of the ships. I would imagine the steel even has some iron from
the blood of Americans who were killed in the attack and destruction of
The Twin Towers. o_O

TDD

Right. Some of the ship's bow on the USS New York is from the steel of
the Twin Towers.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/c2/USS_New_York_in_the_Hudson_River_200911.jpg

Observe the modern stealth features.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_New_York_(LPD-21)