Posted to rec.woodworking
woodchucker[_3_] woodchucker[_3_] is offline

Default Kudos to Dremel/Bosch customer service

On 3/2/2014 4:35 PM, G. Ross wrote:
Dave Balderstone wrote:
I posted a review of my experience with the Dremel Multimaster on the
Dremel site. I heard back within a couple of hours from a customer
service rep who proposed a very acceptable solution.

In part, they said: "...we expect the tools to run. Not forever * but
we do expect them to provide solid use. And our experience has taught
us that when a customer purchases our tool, they often do so because
theyıre familiar with our brand. They believe in us. The least we can
do is stand behind the product."

Nice.

I had one of the little rechargeable dremel tools and loved it. Then
the battery died.
I opened it up and the battery was soldered in. My battery Mart said
that although he was trained in lithium battery replacement, the company
would not allow replacement of lithium batteries.
I contacted Dremel and they said send it in, that it would cost no more
than $40 to fix it.
I trashed it. Poor design. Poor service--they would not give me the
actual cost for replacement of the battery.

So first off, all batteries are soldered in, they don't want a fire from
loose wires.

Buy your own lithiums and solder them in... it's easy.

--
Jeff