nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Guy[_3_] View Post
With friends like US, Canada doesn't need enemies. All the trade
bull**** you people pull in spite of having treaties and agreements in
place. We bent over backwards on 9/11 when hundreds if not thousands of
americans had to land in Canada from overseas flights, we took you into
our homes where-ever you landed, and still we're treated like North
Koreans at the US/Canada border.
Home Guy:

That's because there are very many different Canadians with very many different agendas.

Don't tell me you don't remember that Episode in Seattle where a guy wanting to drive to the Los Angeles Air Port had a bomb hidden in the trunk of his car?

Don't tell me you don't remember when both Canadian and American border guards had trouble keeping Canadian natives from smuggling tax exempt cigarettes from Canada into the US to be sold on the black market?

And, I suppose you haven't heard about Canadians in BC trying to smuggle marijuana across the BC/Washington state border?

The vast majority of Canadians consider Americans to be friendly neighbors, and vice versa, but the border services are there to try to identify and stop the few who are intent of exploiting that good will to smuggle drugs, guns, people and terrorism across the Canada/US border.