Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Thanks to the US Navy from Canada

On 3/1/2014 5:55 PM, nestork wrote:

I'm sure I speak for all the Canadians in here, including Home Guy,
when I give a great big Thank You to the US Navy for towing HMCS
Protecteur into Pearl Harbour.

HMCS (Her Majesty's Canadian Ship) Protecteur is a supply ship that
had a fire in it's engine room last night. The entire crew was up
all night fighting the blaze but managed to get it put out by
morning. However, the end result was that by morning, the ship was
floating powerless in the Pacific Ocean about 180 miles north of
Pearl Harbour.

The US Navy is sending it's ship USS Chosen to tow our crippled
vessel into Pearl Harbour for repairs to it's engines. Canada will
undoubtedly be paying the US Navy for the repair work needed to the
Protecteur, and the crew of the Protecteur will be flown back to
Canada while the repairs are done.

Obviously, the Canadian Navy will do an investigation to find out
how that fire started. Fires on ships have always been the most dire
of emergencies because you can't retreat from the fire. You either
put it out, or you jump in the water and hope to Gawd that someone
finds you before the sharks do.

My Canadian cousins are wonderful people and Americans will always come
to their aid when called. We share a continent and a lot of common
heritage. We are family, even if the Canucks talk funny. ^_^

TDD